Responsibility of membership:
As a member of AA it is your responsibility to adhere to the terms and conditions of membership included in this document. This document should be retained in a safe place for future reference.
AA members are expected to adhere to the following responsibilities:
- Keep your contact and payment information current and up to date with AA.
- Keep in mind that membership is non-transferrable.
- Ensure that membership payment are made in full and on time to avoid interruption to service.
- AA’s number one priority is safety and as an AA member, we ask for your understanding as calls are prioritized based on our members’ safety and not necessarily on time of service request.
- You must notify us at the time of a service request if you or a passenger requires additional Assistance or special accommodation.
- Be prepared to show a valid membership card and/ or identification to AA service providers
- At all times, respect our AA service providers.
- If you are not renewing your membership, contact AA to ensure the account is updated.
AA`s right of revoke membership:
AA reserves the right to cancel, revoke or not renew a membership for any lawful reason, including but not limited to for failure to comply with the member responsibilities, terms and condition provided in this agreement. At no time will AA tolerate harassment, intimidation, threatening or abusive behavior and/or language directed at its representatives.
Changes to membership – the terms, conditions, services, benefits, prices, policies and procedures of your AA membership are subject to change at any time. If after receiving notice of any change to the terms of your membership, you do not accept the new terms or do not wish to renew your membership, you may terminate your membership as of when the change takes effect.
|Types of vehicle covered||Saloon
|Roadside Assistance service calls||2||3||4||5|
|Emergency fuel & delivery||Delivery only||–||–||–|
|Customer Preferred location service||–||–||1||1|
|Flat tyre Service||1||1||1||–|
|Mechanical / Electrical
We offer several membership types which include:
Annual Dues Per vehicle
- Basic GH¢100
- Plus GH¢200
- Premier GH¢300
- Premier RV (For corporate clients)
Each membership type will have a set number of Roadside Assistance Service calls per membership year. Service calls cannot be shared or carried over to the next membership year. Once the number of service calls has been exceeded AA will continue to facilitate the Roadside Assistance services described above; however, any services in excess of the Roadside Assistance “maximums” will be subject to service provider (AAPL) fees that may be due at the time of service. For all membership types,
Registration is free
Service calls not covered by membership or by non-members must be paid for before the time of service at AAPL Out duty rates.
Summary of coverage per membership type
(As of October 1st 2016)
Each member must be prepared to show his or her valid membership card and/or identification upon request to the AA Service providers.
Membership dues are due on an annual (365 day) billing cycle. Dues are subject to change without notice. If your membership dues are not paid in full on or before your membership anniversary:
- Your membership will lapse.
- You will not be entitled to members services.
- You forfeit any benefits linked to your membership tenure.
- Based on the information we have on file, we will send you a renewal notice to pay your membership dues approximately 45 days prior to the end of your annual billing cycle. Prompt renewal of your membership ensures there is no interruption in service.
- Please ensure you review your membership promptly, if any changes are requires, it is the Member’s responsibility to notify AA prior to the renewal date.
- All membership changes, including additions or deletions must be authorized by the authorized representative of the membership account. Renewal is for a 12 month period based on the month of initial enrollment whether or not membership benefits have been exercised.
- Your AA membership expires one year after the date you activate, and will be renewed annually on notice to you (subject to payment of membership fees and any activation procedures). If after receiving notice of any change to the renewal of your membership, you do not accept the new terms or do not wish to renew your membership, you may terminate your membership as of when the change takes effect or on the renewal date.
If any payment to AA is dishonored by your financial institution due to non-sufficient funds (NSF), or declined for any other reason, we will contact you to collect payment and/or update your payment information. You may be charged an administrative fee of 25% of declined payment value per occurrence, including for any disputed charge that is determined to have been validly applied to your account. AA reserves a right of set off for any outstanding debts owed to AA.
AA membership dues are refundable within 30 days after the payment has been processed by AA. The amount of the refund will be prorated and based on your most recent membership payment to AA, minus any outstanding cost associated with AA service provided to you or your associate members (including any additional charges as outlined above up to the date of cancellation).
AA will not refund your membership after 30 days of receiving payment on renewed memberships. Cancellation request may be made
In writing to:
Membership does not cover the following:
- Non-member service.
- Service to loaded or altered vehicles where the provision of service cannot be performed safely (in AA –contractor’s sole discretion) and may jeopardize the load or damage the vehicle.
- Service to unattended vehicles unless pre-authorized by AA.
- Cost of parts, labour or repairs.
- Any charges relating to impound and storage fees (these costs are the responsibility of the member).
- Transporting vehicle simply for transportation purposes.
- Delivery service – AA does not provide you with taxi service, however, at your request and with approval for an additional cost, AA will arrange for you to be transported by AAPL Courtesy services.
- Towing service to a salvage yard.
- Police ordered service for a legal infraction.
- Service and cost associated with legal infractions.
- Second or additional trips, or from one facility to another by service staff on one call.
- Service to vehicles driven into an area not normally travelled, such as open fields, beaches, private logging roads, river banks, floodway, muddy or “plowed in” filled driveway or alleys. Construction sites or other locations which cannot be reached safely.
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred as a result of a mechanical breakdown, including lost wages, alternate transportation, accommodation etc…
- Battery “recharging” (charging is very different from boosting; a boost is a temporary measure and a charge is considered a repair involving labour charges)
- Transportation of animals, you are responsible for making arrangements for animals (except for service animals) in the event of a Roadside Assistance request requiring animal transport. Please notify AA as soon as possible if you require special accommodation for a service animal.